The Drumthwacket Foundation
Founded in 1982, The Drumthwacket Foundation is a 501c3 non-partisan, non-profit organization. Its mission is to increase a sense of pride in New Jersey by preserving the Drumthwacket property and broadening access, furthering awareness and support of the Foundation and its activities and expanding civic understanding amongst New Jerseyans.
- Acts as curator for the public rooms of the house
- Acquires important New Jersey related art and furnishings through loans, gifts, and privately donated funds
- Conducts public tours for thousands of visitors each year
- Hosts educational ‘Discover Drumthwacket’ school field trips
- Continues to restore and preserve the historic elements of the house and gardens
Commited to education, the Foundation developed, since 2012, the following on-going programs to enrich the Discover Drumthwacket field trip experience, broaden outreach and raise pride in our state :
- Changing historical and contemporary fine art exhibits celebrating New Jersey
- Hands-on learning exhibits in the Thomas Olden House about colonial kitchens, their furnishings and gardens
- “Eureka! Invention and Innovation in New Jersey” an on-line learning module to provide resources and guidance to 4th grade teachers leading students towards meeting or exceeding targeted English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math and Technology standards.