Registration is now open for September 2023 – July 2024 tours on select Wednesdays listed below.
Tickets for available dates:
Planning Your Visit
Drumthwacket is open most Wednesdays for guided public tours with the exception of state holidays and August when the tours are closed. Guided tours of the residence are approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and include the first-floor public rooms used by the Governor for meetings and receptions as well as the gardens (weather permitting). Tours highlight the history and architecture of the site in addition to the Foundation’s collection of art and antiques which fill each beautifully appointed room.
Tours are offered as follows:
- Group Tours are offered to groups larger than 15 and smaller than 50 at 9:45, 10:45, and 11:45 am.
- Public Tours for individuals or groups smaller than 15 are only offered at 1:00 pm.
Scheduling Your Visit
- Advanced registration is required. Registrations are not accepted the day of tours. Registration is a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an email confirmation upon registration. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please email email@example.com with your first and last name, organization name and the date and time of your visit.
- There is no charge to tour Drumthwacket. Free parking is available on site.
- Weather permitting guests may walk through the gardens at the end of the guided tour.
- Photography is permitted on the grounds but not inside the residence.
- Public tours are recommended for children ages 8+. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Drumthwacket is wheelchair accessible. If individual(s) in your group require wheelchair assistance, please indicate as such during the registration process.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service or emotional support animals wearing service-appropriate apparel.
- While unlikely, tours are subject to last minute cancellation. If your tour is cancelled, you will be contacted by the e-mail and/or telephone number used during the registration process.
- The gate will open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Guests who arrive before the starting time will not be admitted early.
- Oversized handbags or totes and/or back packs are not allowed. Please leave them at home or in your locked vehicle or they will be subject to inspection. The Drumthwacket Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Please do not bring food, drink or gum onto the property.
Visiting Drumthwacket is extremely popular. Please be considerate and check your calendar prior to scheduling your visit. Should you need to cancel or change your reservation, please notify The Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call, Robyn Brenner, Executive Director at (973) 204-2860.