Founded in 1982, The Drumthwacket Foundation is a 501c3 non-partisan, non-profit organization. Its mission is to increase a sense of pride in New Jersey by preserving the Drumthwacket property and broadening access, furthering awareness and support of the Foundation and its activities and expanding civic understanding amongst New Jerseyans.
- Acts as curator for the public rooms of the house
- Acquires important New Jersey related art and furnishings through loans, gifts, and privately donated funds
- Conducts public tours for thousands of visitors each year
- Hosts educational “Discover Drumthwacket” school field trips
- Continues to restore and preserve the historic elements of the house and gardens
The Foundation supports the following educational programs to broaden outreach and raise NJ pride:
- “Discover Drumthwacket” school field trips
- Changing historical and contemporary fine art exhibits tied to New Jersey
- “Eureka! Invention and Innovation in New Jersey” an on-line learning module developed in partnership with NJ teachers to provide resources and guidance to 4th grade teachers leading students towards meeting or exceeding targeted English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math and Technology standards.