Please Note: Advanced registration is required for all tours. To change or cancel a tour reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org with date, time and name on the reservation.
Registration is now open for September 2023 – July 2024 tours on select Wednesdays listed below. For December tours, visit the Holiday Open House page for dates. Date for Holiday Open Houses are posted in November.
Tickets for available dates:
Drumthwacket is open on select Wednesdays for guided tours. In December, the schedule converts to an open house format. Dates for the holiday open houses (which may or may not fall on a Wednesday) are posted in the late Fall. Advanced on-line registration is required for all tours and open houses. There is never a fee to tour Drumthwacket.
Tours are offered as follows:
- School Field Trips are available to schools on select Wednesdays at 9:45, 10:45 and 11:45 am.
- Group Tours are offered on select Wednesdays to groups larger than 15 and smaller than 50.
- Public Tours are offered on select Wednesdays at 1:00 pm for individuals or groups smaller than 15.
Planning Your Visit
- There is no charge to visit Drumthwacket. Free parking is available on site.
- Guests are not permitted on the property until 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit.
- Advanced on-line registration is required. Registrations are not accepted the day of tours.
- Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation receipt via email. The receipt is for your records only. You do not need to bring the receipt on the day of your visit. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt, please contact email@example.com with your first and last name, guest name(s) and date of visit.
- Guided tours of the residence are approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and include the six public rooms used by the Governor for meetings and receptions. Tours highlight the history and architecture of the site in addition to the Foundation’s collection of fine art and antiques which fill each beautifully appointed room.
- Weather permitting, guests may walk through the gardens at the end of the guided tour.
- Photography is permitted on the grounds but not inside the residence.
- Public tours are recommended for children ages 8+. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Drumthwacket is wheelchair accessible.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service or emotional support animals wearing service-appropriate apparel.
- While unlikely, tours are subject to last minute cancellation. If your tour is cancelled, you will be contacted by the e-mail and/or telephone number used during the registration process.
- The gate will open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Guests who arrive before the starting time will not be admitted early.
- Oversized handbags or totes and/or back packs are not allowed. Please leave them at home or in your locked vehicle or they will be subject to inspection. The Drumthwacket Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Please do not bring food, drink or gum onto the property.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.