Please Note: Advanced registration is required for all tours. Visitors will be asked to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines issued by the Administration at the time of their visit. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mask Policy: All tours are currently mask optional.
The registration period begins at 11 a.m. on August 1, 2022.Tickets for available dates:
- School Field Trips are available to schools on Wednesdays at 9:45, 10:45 and 11:45 am.
- Group Tours are offered on Wednesdays to groups larger than 15 and smaller than 50.
- Public Tours are offered on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm only for individuals or groups smaller than 15.
Planning Your Visit
- Advanced registration is required. Registrations are not accepted the day of tours.
- There is no charge to tour Drumthwacket. Free parking is available on site.
- Guided tours of the residence are approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and include the six public rooms used by the Governor for meetings and receptions. Tours highlight the history and architecture of the site in addition to the Foundation’s collection of fine art and antiques which fill each beautifully appointed room.
- Weather permitting, guests may walk through the gardens at the end of the guided tour.
- Photography is permitted on the grounds but not inside the residence.
- Public tours are recommended for children ages 8+. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Drumthwacket is wheelchair accessible.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service or emotional support animals wearing service-appropriate apparel.
- While unlikely, tours are subject to last minute cancellation. If your tour is cancelled, you will be contacted by the e-mail and/or telephone number used during the registration process.
- The gate will open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Guests who arrive before the starting time will not be admitted early.
- Guests 18 years and older must provide photo identification for admittance.
- Oversized handbags or totes and/or back packs are not allowed. Please leave them at home or in your locked vehicle or they will be subject to inspection. The Drumthwacket Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Please do not bring food, drink or gum onto the property.