Drumthwacket Private Group Tours
Planning Your Visit
Drumthwacket is open most Wednesdays for guided public tours with the exception of state holidays and August when the tours are closed. Guided tours of the residence are approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and include the six public rooms used by the Governor for meetings and receptions as well as the gardens (weather permitting) and the Thomas Olden House. Tours highlight the history and architecture of the site in addition to the Foundation’s collection of fine art and antiques which fill each beautifully appointed room.
Tours are offered as follows:
- Private Group Tours are offered to groups larger than 15 and smaller than 50 at 9:45, 10:45, and
- Public Tours for individuals or groups smaller than 15 are only offered at 1:00 pm
- Holiday Open Houses are offered on select Wednesdays and Sundays. Dates are posted in the Fall.
Scheduling Your Visit
- Advanced registration is required. Registrations are not accepted the day of tours. Registration is a first come, first serve basis.
- There is no charge to tour Drumthwacket. Free parking is available on site.
- Weather permitting guests may walk through the gardens at the end of the guided tour.
- Photography is permitted on the grounds but not inside the residence.
- Public tours are recommended for children ages 8+. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Drumthwacket is wheelchair accessible. If individual(s) in your group require wheelchair assistance, please indicate as such during the registration process.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service or emotional support animals wearing service-appropriate apparel.
- While unlikely, tours are subject to last minute cancellation. If your tour is cancelled, you will be contacted by the e-mail and/or telephone number used during the registration process.
- The gate will open 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Guests who arrive before the starting time will not be admitted early.
- Guests 18 years and older must provide photo identification for admittance.
- Oversized handbags or totes and/or back packs are not allowed. Please leave them at home or in your locked vehicle or they will be subject to inspection. The Drumthwacket Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Please do not bring food, drink or gum onto the property.