School Field Trip Confirmation Details
We are pleased that your fourth grade class will be participating in the Drumthwacket Foundation’s Discover Drumthwacket field trip program. All registration details can be found within your confirmation email.
Your visit to Drumthwacket will be approximately 90 minutes and includes:
- Guided tour of the Drumthwacket residence: 45 minutes
- Tour of the Gardens (weather permitting): 15 minutes
- Tour of Olden House, the original 1759 farmhouse on the property: 30 minutes
The Drumthwacket Foundation provides transportation reimbursement for Title One schools. To arrange for transportation reimbursement, please follow these steps:
- Reserve a school bus through your preferred school bus company and obtain a cost estimate.
- Forward the cost estimate to email@example.com or fax to 609-924-4563
- Once the cost has been approved by the Foundation, you will receive an email confirmation, and may proceed to schedule the bus.
- Upon conclusion of your trip, the bus company should bill the Foundation directly in order for payment to be processed.
- NOTE: The Foundation will not process payment to any bus company in advance of a scheduled visit. It is important that you confirm this policy with your carrier. If this policy is unacceptable to your carrier, you must use a different bus company or elect to use First Student as directed below.
First Student Bus Company:
- Contact: Valiza Zenable at 855-272-3222 ext 1304020 firstname.lastname@example.org
- or Kris Bollotino at 855-272-3222 ext 1304008 email@example.com
Hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- When making your reservation, refer to customer # 823011 and advise First Student that the Drumthwacket Foundation is responsible for payment
- It is not necessary to forward a quote as per the instructions above for prior approval
Complimentary bagged lunches for participating students, teachers and chaperones are provided by the Drumthwacket Foundation courtesy of ShopRite of Lawrenceville, NJ. NOTE: Lunches are nut free; however they are made in a facility that processes nuts. The ShopRite provided lunch is either turkey on white bread or ham and cheese on white bread in addition to a bag of chips, cookies and water. Students should bring a bagged lunch if allergies or dietary restrictions are a concern. Lunches are consumed on the return ride to school as eating is not permitted on the grounds. Complimentary lunches are available to Title One schools only from the months of September through June. School lunches are not available in July.
One-week Prior Confirmation Required:
It is necessary to confirm your field trip with the Foundation at least one week prior to your scheduled field trip. A final lunch count is also required at this time. If not provided, the Foundation cannot guarantee a sufficient number of lunches. Please call 609-683-0057 ext.5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information.
Buses are permitted onto the property 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of your visit. If you arrive in Princeton early, we suggest you go to Greenway Meadows Park (click here for directions), just north of Drumthwacket, opposite Johnson Park School. Directions to Drumthwacket and the park are enclosed for your convenience.
Upon arrival, a uniformed officer will direct the bus to on-site parking. Teachers and chaperones may be required to show photo I.D.
The Discover Drumthwacket field trip program is extremely popular. Please be considerate and check your school’s field trip policy and obtain proper Board and/or PTO approval, if necessary, prior to your visit. Schools which cancel (for non-weather related reasons) less than three months prior to their scheduled visit, may jeopardize a school’s ability to register for future trips. In the event that it is necessary to cancel your visit, please notify the Foundation immediately either by phone at 609-683-0057 x5 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Please download the Discover Drumthwacket classroom packet from the Foundation’s website at https://drumthwacket.org/education/field-trips prior to your trip to prepare your students for their visit.
We look forward to welcoming you and your students to historic Drumthwacket!
The Drumthwacket Foundation
354 Stockton Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-683-0057 ext. 5